I have wanted to use my mini cupcake pan again, so I decided to make some delightful lemon drop mini cupcakes. This is a mini batch, so its great for 2-4 people for a small dessert or snack. The batter is quick to put together, in and out of the oven in no time at all (well it will take you 20-30min.) I love lemon so these are the perfect little treat for me.
The icing is not an intense yellow because I did not add any artificial colours. The lemon flavour is delightful. You will taste it in the zest in the cupcake and the lemon juice that is in the icing. Cupcakes were iced with a knife and then I added some silver balls for decoration. You can purchase the silver balls at Bulk Barn or anywhere that you buy baking supplies.
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 4 tablespoons organic sugar
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons 5% cream
- 6 tablespoons organic unbleached flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- pinch of salt
- zest of one lemon
- ¼ cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- ¾ cup icing sugar
- juice of ½ a lemon
- Cream together butter and sugar until smooth.
- Add in egg and cream.
- Add flour, baking soda, salt and lemon zest.
- Stir all ingredients thoroughly.
- Bake at 375 F for ten minutes or until golden on the edges and cooked in the middle. If you are making regular sized cupcakes they may take longer to bake (around 16-18 minutes.)